• When the emergency drive operation is performed, the operation is continued or the retry is repeated even when a fault
occurs, which may damage or burn the inverter and motor. Before restarting the normal operation after using this
function, make sure that the inverter and motor have no fault. Any damage of the inverter or the motor caused by using
the emergency drive function is not covered by the warranty even within the guarantee period.
Limiting the output frequency (maximum/minimum
Motor speed can be limited. Clamp the upper and lower limits of the output frequency.
High speed maximum
For the FR-F820-02330(55K) or lower, and FR-F840-01160(55K) or lower.
For the FR-F820-03160(75K) or higher, and FR-F840-01800(75K) or higher.
Setting the maximum frequency (Pr.1, Pr.18)
• Set Pr.1 Maximum frequency to the upper limit of the output frequency. If the value of the frequency command given is
higher than the setting, the output frequency is clamped at the maximum frequency.
• To operate at a frequency higher than the 120 Hz, adjust the upper output frequency limit with Pr.18 High speed
maximum frequency. (When setting a frequency in Pr.18, the Pr.1 setting automatically changes to the frequency set in
Pr.18. Also, when setting a frequency in Pr.1, the Pr.18 setting automatically changes to the frequency set in Pr.1.)
Clamped at the
Setting the minimum frequency (Pr.2)
• Set Pr.2 Minimum frequency to the lower limit of the output frequency.
• If the set frequency is Pr.2 or less, the output frequency is clamped at Pr.2 (does not fall below Pr.2).
• To operate with a frequency higher than 60 Hz using frequency-setting analog signals, change the Pr.125 (Pr.126) (frequency
setting gain) setting. Simply changing the Pr.1 and Pr.18 settings does not enable the operation at a frequency higher than
• Under PM motor control, the upper and lower limits are for the commanded frequency. The final output frequency that is
decided by each control may exceed the lower or upper limits.
• When Pr.15 Jog frequency is equal to or less than Pr.2, the Pr.15 setting takes precedence.
• If a jump frequency that exceeds Pr.1 (Pr.18) is set for the 3-point frequency jump, the maximum frequency setting is the set
frequency. If the jump frequency is less than the setting of Pr.2, the jump frequency is the set frequency. (The set frequency
can be equal to or less than the frequency lower limit.) When stall prevention is activated to decrease the output frequency,
the output frequency may drop to Pr.2 or below.
0 to 120 Hz
0 to 120 Hz
0 to 590 Hz
Clamped at the
Set the upper limit of the output frequency.
Set the lower limit of the output frequency.
Set when operating at 120 Hz or higher.
5.7 (H) Protective function parameter