Built-in for all capacities
The 75K or higher comes with a DC reactor (FR-HEL).
Brake unit (75 kW or
• Removal procedure of the front cover is different. (Refer to
• Plug-in options of the FR-A700 series are not compatible.
• Operation panel (FR-DU07) cannot be used.
• The spring clamp type terminal block has changed to the screw type. Use of blade terminals is recommended.
Instructions for continuous use of the PU07 (parameter unit)
manufactured in September 2015 or earlier
• For the FR-F800 series, many functions (parameters) have been added. When setting these parameters, the parameter
names and setting ranges are not displayed.
• Only the parameter with the numbers up to "999" can be read and set. The parameters with the numbers after "999" cannot
be read or set.
• Many protective functions have been added for the FR-F800 series. These functions are available, but all faults are
displayed as "Fault". When the fault history is checked, "ERR" appears. Added faults will not appear on the parameter unit.
(However, MT1 to MT3 are displayed as MT.)
• Parameter copy/verification function are not available.
Copying parameter settings
• The FR-F700(P) series' parameter setting can be easily copied to the FR-F800 series by using the setup software (FR
Configurator2). (Not supported by the setup software FR-SW3-SETUP or older.)
Replacement of the FR-F500(L) series
• Installation size is compatible for replacing the FR-F520(L)-0.75K, 2.2K, 3.7K, 7.5K, 18.5K, 22K, 37K, 45K, 90K, or 110K,
or FR-A540(L)-0.75K to 3.7K, 7.5K, 11K, 22K, 37K to 55K, or 132K to 280K. New mounting holes or the installation
interchange attachment are required for replacing models with other capacities. (For the 55K or lower, the installation
interchange attachment can be used.)
• For the installation size and the outline dimensions of the separated converter type, refer to the FR-F802 (Separated
Converter Type) Instruction Manual (Hardware).
Specification comparison between PM motor
control and induction motor control
PM motor control
Premium high-efficiency IPM motor MM-EFS or
(the same capacity as the inverter capacity)
9.2 Specification comparison between PM motor control and induction motor control
An optional converter unit (FR-CC2) is required for
separated converter types.
For the FR-F820-03160(75K) or higher or FR-F840-
01800(75K) or higher, select a DC reactor suitable for the
applicable motor capacity. (A DC reactor is not included.)
Separated converter types (converter unit FR-CC2) and
IP55 compatible models have a built-in DC reactor.
Induction motor control
General-purpose motor SF-JR, SF-PR series,