• Generally, parameter change cannot be performed in the External operation mode. (Some parameters can be changed.
Refer to Pr.77 on
• When Pr.79 = "0 or 2", the inverter starts up in the External operation mode at power-ON. (When using the Network
operation mode, refer to
• When parameter changing is seldom necessary, setting "2" fixes the operation mode to the External operation mode.
When frequent parameter changing is necessary, setting "0 (initial value)" allows the operation mode to be changed easily
to the PU operation mode by pressing
return to the External operation mode.
• The STF or STR signal is used as a start command. The input voltage or current via terminal 2 or 4, multi-speed setting
signal, or JOG signal is used as a frequency command.
Forward rotation start
Reverse rotation start
PU operation mode (Pr.79 = "1")
• Select the PU operation mode when giving start and frequency commands by only the key operation of the operation panel
or the parameter unit.
Also select the PU operation mode when giving commands through communication via the PU connector.
• When Pr.79 ="1", the inverter starts up in the PU operation mode at power-ON. The mode cannot be changed to other
• The frequency can also be set by simply turning the setting dial on the operation panel like a volume knob. (Refer to Pr.161
Frequency setting/key lock operation selection on
• When the PU operation mode is selected, the PU operation mode (PU) signal can be output.
For the terminal used for the PU signal, set "10 (positive logic)" or "110 (negative logic)" in any of Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output
terminal function selection) to assign the function.
Operation panel (FR-DU08)
PU/External combined operation mode 1 (Pr.79 = "3")
• Select the PU/External combined operation mode 1 when giving a frequency command from the operation panel or the
parameter unit and giving a start command with the external start switches.
• Set "3" in Pr.79 . The mode cannot be changed to other operation modes.
• When the frequency commands are given using the multi-speed setting signals (external signals), they have a higher
priority than the frequency commands given from the PU. When the AU signal is ON, inputting the command signals via
terminal 4 is enabled.
on the operation panel. After switching to the PU operation mode, always
5.6 (D) Operation command and frequency command