• If the X12 signal is not assigned, the function of the MRS signal is switched to the PU operation interlock signal from MRS
X12 (MRS) signal
Switching of the operation mode (External, PU, and NET) is
enabled. The signal is OFF during External operation.
Operation mode is forcefully changed to the External operation
External operation is enabled.
Switching to the PU or NET operation mode from the External
operation mode is disabled.
Depends on the Pr.77 Parameter write selection setting and other parameter write conditions. (Refer to
• Functions/operations by X12 (MRS) signal ON/OFF
The mode is switched to the External operation mode regardless of the ON/OFF state of the start signal (STF/STR). Thus, the motor runs under
the External operation mode when the X12 (MRS) signal turns OFF while the STF or STR signal is ON.
When a fault occurs, the inverter can be reset by pressing
• The operation mode cannot be switched to the PU operation mode with the start signal (STF/STR) ON state even if the X12
(MRS) signal turns ON.
• If the MRS signal is ON and Pr.79 is written to a value other than "7" when the MRS signal is used as the PU interlock signal,
the MRS signal will act as a regular MRS function (output stop). Also, when Pr.79 = "7", the MRS signal becomes the PU
• The logic of the signal follows the setting of Pr.17 MRS input selection also when the MRS signal is used as the PU operation
interlock signal. When Pr.17 = "2", ON and OFF in the above explanation are reversed.
• Changing the terminal assignment using Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function selection) may affect the other functions.
Set parameters after confirming the function of each terminal.
Switching operation mode by external signal (X16 signal)
• When External operation and the operation from the operation panel are used together, the PU operation mode and
External operation mode can be switched during a stop (during motor stop, start command OFF) by using the PU/External
operation switchover (X16) signal.
• When Pr.79 = "0, 6, or 7", switching between the PU operation mode and External operation mode is possible. (When
Pr.79 ="6", switchover is enabled during operation.)
X12 (MRS) signal
Disabled except for Pr.79.
If frequency and start commands are given
from external source, the inverter runs by
on the operation panel.
5.6 (D) Operation command and frequency command
Switching to PU or
NET operation mode