Appendix 1 For customers who are replacing the conventional model
with this inverter
Appendix 1-1 Replacement of the FR-F500 series
(1) Instructions for installation
1)Removal procedure of the front cover was changed. (with screws) Please note. (Refer to page 6.)
2)Removal procedure of the operation panel was changed. (with screws) Please note. (Refer to page 6.)
3)Plug-in options of the F500 series are not compatible
4)Operation panel (FR-DU04) cannot be used.
5)Setup software (FR-SW0-SETUP) cannot be used.
(2) Wiring instructions
1)The control circuit terminal block can be used for the FR-F700P series without removing wiring.
Note that the wiring cover (0.75K to 22K) is not compatible.
(Note that the relay output 2 (A2, B2, C2) specific for the FR-F700P series cannot be used with the FR-F500
(3) Instructions for continuous use of the FR-PU04 (parameter unit)
1) For the FR-F700P series, many functions (parameters) have been added. When setting these parameters, the
parameter name and setting range are not displayed. Parameter list, change list, initial value list, initial value list
2 and parameter clear of the HELP function cannot be used.
2) For the FR-F700P series, many protective functions have been added. These functions activate, but all faults
are displayed as "Fault 14". When the faults history has been checked, "E.14" appears. Added faults display will
not appear on the parameter unit.
3) User initial value setting cannot be used.
4) User registration/clear (user group 2) cannot be used.
5) Parameter copy/verification function cannot be used.
For customers who are replacing the conventional model with this inverter