For customers replacing the conventional model with this inverter
● Removal procedure of the front cover is different. (Refer to page 2-12.)
● Plug-in options of the FR-F700 series are not compatible.
● Operation panel (FR-DU07) cannot be used.
The spring clamp type terminal block has changed to the screw type. Use of blade terminals is rec-
Instructions for continuous use of the FR-PU07 (parameter unit)
● For the FR-F800 series, many functions (parameters) have been added. When setting these
parameters, the parameter names and setting ranges are not displayed.
● Only the parameter with the numbers up to "999" can be read and set. The parameters with the
numbers after "999" cannot be read or set.
● Many protective functions have been added for the FR-F800 series. These functions are available,
but all faults are displayed as "Fault". When the faults history is checked, "ERR" appears. Added
faults will not appear on the parameter unit. (However, MT1 to MT3 are displayed as MT.)
● Parameter copy/verification function are not available.
Copying parameter settings
The FR-F700(P) series' parameter settings can be easily copied to the FR-F800 series by using the setup
software (FR Configurator2). (Not supported by the setup software FR-SW3-SETUP or older.)
Replacement of the FR-F500(L) series
Installation size is compatible for replacing the FR-F520(L)-0.75K, 2.2K, 3.7K,7.5K, 18.5K, 22K, 37K, 45K,
90K, 110K, FR-F540(L)-0.75K to 3.7K, 7.5K, 11K, 22K, 37K to 55K, 132K to 280K. New mounting holes are
required for replacing models with other capacities. (For the 55K or lower, the installation interchange
attachment can be used.)
For the installation size and the outline dimensions of the separated converter type, refer to the
FR-F802 (Separated Converter Type) Instruction Manual (Hardware).
A - 2
Built-in for all capacities
The 75K or higher comes with a DC reactor
Differences between FR-F700(P) and FR-F800 (2)
An optional converter unit (FR-CC2) is
required for separated converter types.
For the FR-F820-03160(75K) or higher, the
FR-F840-01800(75K) or higher, select a DC
reactor suitable for the applicable motor
capacity. (A DC reactor is not included.)
Separated converter types (converter unit
FR-CC2) have a built-in DC reactor.