3. Relocating the Machine
Be sure to observe the following if the machine needs to be moved by truck or other
means of transportation:
1. Remove all paper from the left/right paper deck and the cassettes.
2. Turn off the power switch, and disconnect the power plug from the power outlet.
3. Secure the No. 1 mirror base in place from the side of the reader left cover using a fix-
ing screw (check to make sure that the No. 1 mirror base will not move).
4. Take out the developing assembly. Be sure to move the developing assembly separately
from the machine.
5. Tape the following in place to avoid displacement by vibration: transfer charging as-
sembly, fixing/feeding assembly releasing lever, duplexing unit.
6. Tape the covers, decks, and cassettes in place.
7. Place A3 paper on the copyboard glass, and tape the ADF in place.
1. Be sure to observe the following if flights of stairs are used when mov-
2. Be sure to shift up the two adjusters (front) found on the machine's bot-
3. If a side paper deck/finisher (accessory) is installed, remove it before
COPYRIGHT © 2001 CANON INC.
ing the machine into or out of the site of installation:
1.1 Take out the ADF, fixing/feeding assembly, and duplexing unit; they
must be moved separately from the machine.
1.2 When lifting the machine, avoid using the four grips (left, right);
instead, hold it by its bottom four corners.
1.3 The machine weighs about 210 kg. Be sure to work in a group of
four when lifting it.
tom to make sure that they are released. The adjusters can slip off while
the machine is being moved. Take care not to lose them.
moving the machine.
2000 2000 2000 2000
CANON iR5000i/iR6000i REV.0 JUNE 2001
CHAPTER 3 INSTALLATION