1.2 Check Installation Status
Be sure to check the following items before starting the troubleshooting procedures.
1) The power supply voltage is within the specifications (measure the valtage at the wall outlet).
2) The power cord is free from breakage, short-circuit, open wire, or internal miswiring.
3) The printer is properly grounded.
4) The printer is not installed at a place subjected to high/low temperature, humidity, and sudden tem-
5) The printer is not installed at or near water facilities, humidifier, heating appliance, fire, dust, or in
airflow from air conditioner.
6) The printer is not installed in a place subjected to volatile or inflammable gas.
7) The printer is not installed under direct sunlight.
8) The printer is installed in a well-ventilated place.
9) The laser printer is installed on a firm and stable surface.
10) The paper meets the specifications (standard paper is recommended).
11) The printer is handled properly.
12) The high frequency service items are replaced at the recommended print count intervals.
1 - 2
Chapter 1 Troubleshooting