Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
Removal 23 ACTUATOR SSI (PL3.2.14)
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the COVER ASSY TOP. (Removal 10)
6) Remove the COVER ASSY WINDOW TNR. (Removal 8)
7) Remove the COVER SIDE R. (Removal 13)
8) Remove the COVER SIDE L. (Removal 17)
9) Remove the KIT TRANSFER ASSY. (Removal 21)
Note: When carrying out the work described next procedure, take care not to move the
BRACKET SNS from the printer too far because they are connected with the harness.
10) Remove the two screws (silver, tap,
8mm) that fix the BRACKET SNS
(PL3.2.28) to the printer, remove the
11) Lift the rear part of the BRACKET SNS
up to release the two holes of the
BRACKET SNS from the bosses of the
3 - 44