Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
Removal 21 KIT TRANSFER ASSY (PL6.1.98)
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the COVER ASSY TOP. (Removal 10)
6) Remove the COVER ASSY WINDOW TNR. (Removal 8)
7) Remove the COVER SIDE R. (Removal 13)
8) Remove the COVER SIDE L. (Removal 17)
9) Close the TRANSFER ASSY (PL6.1.7).
Note: When carrying out the work described next procedure, take care not to scratch the belt
surface of the TRANSFER ASSY.
10) Release the hooks of the COVER
HARNESS (PL6.1.8), using a miniature
screwdriver, and then remove the COVER
Note: When carrying out the work described below, leave the relay connector on the TRANSFER
ASSY harness side.
3 - 40