Open Manage Printer Manager – Release Notes
Package Release Numbering: 1.2
The following is the format for release/version numbers:
<ProductID>.<Major Version>.<Minor Release>.<Maintenance
When contacting Customer Support, please refer to the complete release number
for components , which is in the Help > About Box. The versions mentioned
below refer to component versions rather than the package.
Significant New Features in This Release
New or recent features in OMPM include the following:
• The following are newly supported models.
• The following non-Dell printers are also supported in this version: HP1505,
HP2015, HP3035, HP3505, Lexmark642, Lexmark644, Lexmark646,
Lexmark770, Xerox8550, Samsung650.
• You can now filter displays to show groups.
• This OMPM version is upgradable from OMPM v1.1
• Email setup is improved (you can now send e-mail notices without editing a
text file with your e-mail information).
• You can now use wildcards in the Discovery IP ranges.
• Usage trend reports have been enhanced.
For a complete look at the new functionality, consult the User Guides. Highlights
of the new functionality in this release include the following:
• Topology improvements —Improved labeling with zoom, Improved con-
trols, Display customization and dockable screens, Export Views
• Microsoft Vista® and Server 2008 support
• Graphical report enhancements.
• Improved Managers
• A UseridConstraint category is now in the application security policy. It has
one property: Minimum Userid Length. The default value is 0. (31453)
• E-mail notifications from events can now include subjects with variables
(SourceIP, Name, and so on). Consult the User Guide for specifics. (24746)