Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
Removal 20 KIT PIVOT (PL6.1.99)
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the COVER ASSY TOP. (Removal 10)
6) Remove the COVER ASSY WINDOW TNR. (Removal 8)
7) Remove the COVER SIDE R. (Removal 13)
8) Remove the COVER SIDE L. (Removal 17)
Accesses Position (All the numbers show the procedure number.)
9), 10), 11), 12), 13)
Note: When performing the step described below, it is not necessary to disengage the
connector of the CLUTCH ASSY DRV.
9) Release the harness of the CLUTCH
ASSY DRV (PL3.1.1) from the hook of the
DRIVE ASSY PH (PL7.1.4).
3 - 37