Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
Removal 42 KIT PWBA ESS (PL8.1.99)
Note: Use the wrist strap to protect the PWB from the electrostatic.
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the COVER ASSY TOP. (Removal 10)
6) Remove the COVER ASSY WINDOW TNR. (Removal 8)
7) Remove the COVER SIDE R. (Removal 13)
8) Remove the COVER SIDE L. (Removal 17)
9) Remove the COVER REAR. (Removal 29)
10) Remove the FAN. (Removal 40)
11) Loosen the SCREW KNURLING
(PL8.1.13) and then open the PLATE ESS
12) Swing the PLATE ESS to upward
slightly, to release the upper tab of the
PLATE ESS from the slit of the SHIELD
ASSY ESS (PL8.1.3) after releasing the
lower tab of the PLATE ESS from the slit of
the SHIELD ASSY ESS. Remove the
PLATE ESS from the printer.
3 - 90