Removal 34 KIT BLOCK PHD LEFT (PL4.1.98)
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the COVER ASSY TOP. (Removal 10)
6) Remove the COVER ASSY WINDOW TNR. (Removal 8)
7) Remove the COVER SIDE R. (Removal 13)
8) Remove the COVER SIDE L. (Removal 17)
9) Remove the COVER REAR. (Removal 29)
10) Remove the CLUTCH ASSY DRV and BEARING REGI. (Removal 30)
11) Remove the KIT DRIVE ASSY PH. (Removal 31)
12) Remove the KIT DRIVE ASSY MAIN. (Removal 32)
Accesses Position (All the numbers show the procedure number.)
Note: Described next procedure is the removal procedure common among the upper and lower
BLOCK STOPPER PDH Ds (PL4.1.7).
Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
3 - 73