Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
Removal 25 COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1)
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the COVER ASSY TOP. (Removal 10)
6) Remove the COVER ASSY WINDOW TNR. (Removal 8)
7) Remove the COVER SIDE R. (Removal 13)
8) Remove the COVER SIDE L. (Removal 17)
Accesses Position (All the numbers show the procedure number.)
9), 10), 11)
Note: When carrying out the work described next procedure, leave the relay connector on the
printer harness side.
9) Release the relay connector from the rib
of the printer, disengage the connecter
(P/J231) of the HARN ASSY DUP RELAY
3 - 48