Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
Removal 10 COVER ASSY TOP (PL1.1.1)
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the two screws (silver, tap,
8mm) that fix the COVER ASSY TOP
(PL1.1.1) to the printer.
6) Lift up the front side of the COVER
ASSY TOP to release the COVER ASSY
TOP from the two pegs on the printer.
3 - 20