- This error is displayed when the Network Protocol Adapter is installed on the
printer and then removed, or when a contact failure has occurred at the Network
Reinstalling the Network Protocol Adapter allows you to use the printer as it was
before the error occurred.
- To return the printer to the state it was in before the Network Protocol Adapter
was installed, reset the printer using the following procedure.
1. Power OFF the printer.
2. Power ON the printer while pressing the [MENU] button and [ (SET)] button at
the same time.
Keep the buttons pressed until the message "Reset Security Init Network" is
3. Press the [
4. Press the [
(SET)] button when the message "Init Network Are you sure?"
5. Power OFF the printer and then ON when the message "Reset Security Init
Network" is displayed.
- In the event of loss of the Network Protocol Adapter, the following network
protocols will be unavailable. To use these protocols, purchase and install a new
Network Protocol Adapter.
802.1x (Wired), NetWare (IP), SNMPv3, HTTPS or WSD (Print)
To use the printer without using the functions of the Network Protocol Adapter
while waiting for a new Network Protocol Adapter to be delivered, reset the printer.
1 - 60
Chapter 1 Troubleshooting