Chapter 3 Removal and Replacement Procedures (RRPs)
Removal 40 FAN (PL8.1.1)
1) Remove the Tray 1. (Removal 1)
2) Open the COVER ASSY FRONT (PL1.2.1).
Note: Cover the drum of the PHD unit to avoid exposure to light.
3) Remove the PHD Unit. (Removal 4)
Note: The FUSER part is very hot. Take added care not to get burned when performing the
4) Remove the KIT FUSER ASSY. (Removal 5)
5) Remove the COVER ASSY TOP. (Removal 10)
6) Remove the COVER ASSY WINDOW TNR. (Removal 8)
7) Remove the COVER SIDE R. (Removal 13)
8) Remove the COVER SIDE L. (Removal 17)
9) Remove the COVER REAR. (Removal 29)
10) Disengage the FAN (PL8.1.1)
connector (P/J510) on the PWB ASSY
FAN, release the harness of the FAN from
the hooks of the DUCT FAN (PL8.1.2).
11) Release the four hooks of the DUCT
FAN, remove the FAN from the printer.
3 - 86