Chapter 1 Troubleshooting
When the image quality trouble of print occurs, get a print to judge, understand and treat the trouble
substance precisely and appropriately, and then troubleshoot efficiently, using the image quality FIP
table according to each phenomenon.
When trouble restorations with image quality FIP is not possible, check again with the image quality
FIP, and then replace [Possible causative parts] in order and check, and operate Troubleshooting,
using [Chapter 2 Diagnostic].
Image quality FIP states regarding the typical image quality trouble, as follows.
- FIP-1.P1 Faint print (Low contrast)
- FIP-1.P2 Blank print (No print)
- FIP-1.P3 Solid black
- FIP-1.P4 Vertical blank lines (White stripes in paper transport direction)
- FIP-1.P5 Horizontal band cross out (White stripes in the horizontal direction)
- FIP-1.P6 Vertical stripes
- FIP-1.P7 Horizontal stripes
- FIP-1.P8 Partial lack
- FIP-1.P9 Spots
- FIP-1.P10 Afterimage
- FIP-1.P11 Background (Fog)
- FIP-1.P12 Skew
- FIP-1.P13 Paper damage
- FIP-1.P14 No fix
- FIP-1.P15 Color registration (Color Shift)
1 - 304