5.14.8 Anti-sway control
When an object is moved by a gantry crane, swinging is suppressed on the crane's traveling axis.
DC brake judgment time
for anti-sway control
Anti-sway control depth 0
Anti-sway control width
Anti-sway control operation (Pr.1073)
• Setting Pr.1073 Anti-sway control operation selection = "1" enables anti-sway control. (Anti-sway control is not
available under zero speed or servo lock control.)
• During operation under anti-sway control, the travel distance becomes longer. Input a stop command earlier to avoid a
collision with an obstacle.
• A deceleration to stop without anti-sway control is applied for stopping as a result of PU stop, an emergency stop command
input from a communication option, Pr.875 Fault definition, or an emergency stop input (X92 signal).
• Under torque control or position control, the anti-sway control is disabled.
• During operation of the power failure time deceleration-to-stop function, or when the automatic restart after instantaneous
power failure is enabled (Pr.57 ≠ "9999"), the anti-sway control is disabled.
Swinging frequency setting (Pr.1074 to Pr.1079)
• Set a swinging frequency in Pr.1074 Anti-sway control frequency. The swinging frequency is used as a notch filter
frequency. Lower the response level of speed control in the frequency band with the width set in the Pr.1076 Anti-sway
control width by the gain set in the Pr.1075 Anti-sway control depth.
• A deeper notch depth has a greater effect in reducing mechanical resonance, but because the phase delay is larger,
swinging may increase. Adjust by starting from the shallowest value.
-4dB (shallow) -8 dB
Set the time from when the output frequency becomes the Pr.10 DC injection
0 to 10 s
brake operation frequency or less to when the DC injection brake (zero speed
control or the servo lock) operation starts.
Anti-sway control disabled
Anti-sway control enabled
0.05 to 3 Hz Set a swinging frequency of the object.
Anti-sway control is performed using a swinging frequency estimated by the
inverter according to the settings of Pr.1077 to Pr.1079.
0 to 3
0 (Deep) → 3 (Shallow)
0 to 3
0 (Narrow) → 3 (Wide)
0.1 to 50 m Set the rope length of the crane.
Set the weight of the trolley.
Set the weight of the object.
Frequency command of anti-sway control
5.14 (A) Application parameters