Parameters referred to
Pr.3 Base frequency, Pr.19 Base frequency
Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function
5.16.2 Base frequency voltage
Use this function to adjust the inverter outputs (voltage, frequency) to match with the motor rating.
Base frequency voltage
Second V/F (base
Third V/F (base
Starting frequency setting (Pr.3)
• When operating a standard motor, generally set the rated frequency of the motor in Pr.3 Base frequency. When the motor
operation require switching to the commercial power supply, set the power supply frequency in Pr.3.
• When the frequency described on the motor rating plate is "50 Hz" only, make sure to set to 50 Hz. When it is set to 60 Hz,
the voltage will drop too much, causing insufficient torque. As a result, the inverter output may be shut off due to overload.
A caution is required especially in case of Pr.14 Load pattern selection = "1" (variable torque load).
• When using the Mitsubishi Electric constant torque motor, set Pr.3 to 60 Hz.
Setting multiple base frequencies (Pr.47, Pr.113)
• To change the base frequency when using single inverter switching between multiple motors, use Pr.47 Second V/F (base
frequency) and Pr.113 Third V/F (base frequency).
• Pr.47 is enabled when the RT signal is ON and Pr.113 is enabled when the X9 signal is ON. To input the X9 signal, set
"9" in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function selection) to assign the function to a terminal.
• The RT (X9) signal acts as the second (third) function selection signal and makes the other second (third) functions valid.
• The RT signal is assigned to the terminal RT in the initial status. Set "3" in one of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function
selection) to assign the RT signal to another terminal.
Setting of base frequency voltage (Pr.19)
• Use Pr.19 Base frequency voltage to set the base voltage (for example, rated motor voltage).
• When it is set lower than the power supply voltage, maximum output voltage of the inverter will be the voltage set in Pr.19.
Set the frequency at the rated motor torque. (50/60
0 to 590 Hz
0 to 1000 V
Set the base voltage.
95% of the power supply voltage
Same as the power supply voltage
0 to 590 Hz
Sets the base frequency when the RL signal is ON.
Second V/F disabled
0 to 590 Hz
Set the base frequency when the X9 signal is ON.
Third V/F disabled
5.16 (G) Control parameters