• The priority of the frequency command given by the external signals is "JOG operation > multi-speed operation > terminal 4
analog input". When pulse train input is enabled (Pr.291 = "1, 11, 21, 100" and Pr.384 ≠ "0"), terminal 2 analog input becomes
Speed synchronized operation by pulse input/output
When the wiring length between FM and JOG is long, the influence of stray capacitance causes the pulse to flatten out and prevents the input
pulse from being recognized. When the wiring length is long (10 m or longer of shielded twisted pair cable with a recommended cable size of 0.75
), connect between terminal JOG and terminal PC with an external pull-up resistor. The following table shows the reference resistance values
for wiring length.
Load current (reference)
The stray capacitance of the wiring changes considerably according to how the cable is laid, thus the above wiring lengths are not guaranteed
When using a pull-up/down resistor, check the permissible load of the resistor and the permissible load current (terminal PC: 100 mA, high-speed
pulse train output: 85 mA), and use within the permissible range.
• Setting "100" in Pr.291 enables out of the pulse train input as it is to the pulse train output (terminal FM).
Connecting in a daisy chain enables speed synchronized operation of multiple inverters.
• Set Pr.384 to "125" for inverters that receive pulse train since the maximum pulse train output is 50k pulses/s.
• The maximum number of input pulses should be 50k pulses/s.
• When performing synchronized operation, wire according to the following procedure. (This is to prevent contact input of 24
V being applied to terminal FM.)
Set pulse train output (setting other than "0 or 1") to Pr.291 on the master side inverter.
Inverter power OFF
Wire the slave side terminal JOG-SD to the master side terminal FM-SD.
Turn the inverter power supply ON.
• After changing the Pr.291 setting, connect the JOG terminal to the terminal FM-SD. When FM output (voltage output) is taken
as the pulse train, take caution to prevent voltage from being applied to the terminal FM.
• Use sink logic (factory setting) for the slave side inverter. The inverter does not operate properly with source logic.
Speed synchronized operation specification
Output pulse format
Pulse width fixed (10 μs)
0 to 50k pulses/s
Pulse propagation delay 1 to 2 μs/1 unit
A pulse propagation delay of about 1 to 2 μs in the slave occurs and further increases when the wiring length is long.
Parameters referred to
Pr.291 (Pulse train
Pr.419 Position command source
To next inverter (slave)
Less than 10 m
10 to 50 m
5.9 (D) Operation command and frequency command
To next inverter (slave)
50 to 100 m