• Output signal
PID upper limit
Lower limit output
During PID control
• Changing the terminal functions with Pr.178 to Pr.189 and Pr.190 to Pr.196 may affect other functions. Set parameters after
confirming the function of each terminal.
PID monitor function
• This function displays the PID control set point and measured value on the operation panel, and can output these from the
terminals FM, AM, and CA.
• Set the following values to Pr.52 Operation panel main monitor selection, Pr.774 to Pr.776 (Operation panel monitor
selection), Pr.992 Operation panel setting dial push monitor selection, Pr.54 FM/CA terminal function selectionand
Pr.158 AM terminal function selection for each monitor.
• Refer to
Priority of main speed commands
• The priority of main speed command sources when the speed command source is External is as follows:
JOG signal > multi-speed setting signal (RL/RM/RH/REX) > pulse train input > 16bit digital input (option FR-A8AX) >
analog input (terminals 2, 4, 1)
• The priority of main speed command sources when "3" is set to Pr.79 Operation mode selection is as follows:
Multi-speed setting signal (RL/RM/RH/REX) > frequency setting (digital setting by PU or operation panel)
• Even if the remote operation function is selected by Pr.59 Remote function selection ≠ "0", compensation of the remote
setting frequency against the main speed is ignored. (The value is "0".)
• If terminal 1 is selected for the first and second PID, terminal 1 added compensation of the main speed is invalid.
• If terminal 2 is selected for the first and second PID, the terminal 2 override function of the main speed is invalid.
• If the same terminal as an external input terminal having a speed command source (external terminal where a main speed
is input) is specified as the measured value input or set point input, the main speed is treated as "0".
• Polarity reversible operation of the main speed is not possible.
5.14 (A) Application parameters
Pr.190 to Pr.196
0 to 590 Hz
for details on other PID control monitors.
Output when the measured value signal exceeds Pr.131 PID upper limit
(Pr.1143 Second PID upper limit).
Output when the measured value signal falls below Pr.132 PID lower limit
(Pr.1144 Second PID lower limit).
"Hi" is output when the output display of the parameter unit is forward rotation
(FWD) and "Low" is output when the display is reverse rotation (REV) and stop
Turns ON during PID control.
When outputting through terminals FM, CA and
AM, the full scale value can be adjusted by Pr.55
Frequency monitoring reference.