• Select the operation of the Second brake sequence function with Pr.641 Second brake sequence operation selection.
0 (initial value)
• Set "45" in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function selection) to assign the Second brake sequence open
completion signal (BRI2) to the input terminal.
• To use the Second brake opening request signal (BOF2), set "22 (positive logic)" or "122 (negative logic)" in any of Pr.190
to Pr.196 (Output terminal function selection) to assign the function to the output terminal.
• The method of setting the second brake sequence parameters is the same as that for the corresponding first brake
sequence function parameters.
• Switchover of the brake sequence function by RT signal is valid when the inverter is stopped.
• If one of the following faults occur while the brake sequence function is enabled, the inverter enters an fault status, shuts
off output, and turns OFF the brake opening request signal (BOF).
When (detection frequency) - (output frequency) ≥ Pr.285 during encoder feedback control.
When Pr.285 (Overspeed detection function) = 9999, overspeed is not detected.
When deceleration is not normal during deceleration operation from the set frequency to the frequency set in Pr.282. (when
Pr.284 = 1) (except stall prevention operation)
When the BOF signal turned ON while the motor is at a stop. (load slippage prevention function)
When more than 2 s have elapsed after the start command (forward or reverse rotation) is input, but the BOF signal does
not turn ON.
When more than 2 s have elapsed after the BOF signal turned ON, but the BRI signal does not turn ON.
When the inverter had turned ON the brake opening request signal (BOF), but the BRI signal turned OFF.
When more than 2 s have elapsed after the BOF signal turned OFF at a stop, but the BRI signal does not turn OFF.
• During PM sensorless vector control, the brake sequence function is available with the IPM motor MM-CF only.
• During deceleration, inverter output is shut OFF when the frequency reaches Pr.13Starting frequency or 0.5 Hz, whichever
is lower. For Pr.278 Brake opening frequency, set a frequency equal to or higher than the Pr.13 setting or 0.5 Hz.
• Pr.285 Overspeed detection frequency is valid under encoder feedback control (used with the FR-A8AP (option)) even if a
value other than "7 or 8" is set in Pr.292 Automatic acceleration/deceleration.
• Setting Pr.278 too high activates the stall prevention and may cause E.MB4.
• E.MB4 occurs when the acceleration time from Pr.13 to Pr.278 + Pr.280 reaches or exceeds 2 s.
Parameters referred to
Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function
Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function
5.14.4 Start count monitor
The inverter starting times can be counted.
Normal operation (The first and second brake sequence functions invalid)
Second brake sequence mode 1
Second brake sequence mode 2
First brake sequence mode is valid
Brake opening request
Brake sequence function when the RT signal is ON
Less than 2s
5.14 (A) Application parameters