• Note: Offline auto tuning time (with the initial setting)
Offline auto tuning setting
No motor rotation (Pr.96 = "1")
With motor rotation (Pr.96 = "101")
• When offline auto tuning ends, press
the start signal (STF signal or STR signal).
This operation resets the offline auto tuning, and the PU's monitor display returns to the normal indication.
(Without this operation, next operation cannot be started.)
• The motor constants measured once during offline auto tuning are stored as parameters and their data are held until offline
auto tuning is performed again. However, the tuning data is cleared when performing All parameter clear.
• Changing Pr.71 (Pr.450) after tuning completion will change the motor constant. For example, if "3" is set in Pr.71 after tuning
is performed with Pr.71 = "0", the tuning data becomes invalid. To use the tuned data, set "0" again in Pr.71.
• If offline auto tuning has ended in error (see the following table), motor constants are not set. Perform an inverter reset and
perform tuning again.
Inverter protective function operation
The current limit (stall prevention) function is activated.
The converter output voltage fell to 75% of the rated voltage.
The motor is not connected.
Rotation tuning frequency setting error
(The frequency command for the tuning was given to exceed the
maximum frequency setting, or to be in the frequency jump range.)
• When tuning is ended forcibly by pressing
tuning does not end properly. (The motor constants have not been set.)
Perform an inverter reset and perform tuning again.
• When the rated power supply of the motor is 200/220 V (400/440 V) 60 Hz, set the rated motor current multiplied by 1.1 in
Pr.9 Electronic thermal O/L relay after tuning is complete.
• For a motor with a PTC thermistor, thermal protector, or other thermal detector, set "0" (motor overheat protection by
inverter invalid) in Pr.9 to protect the motor from overheating.
• An instantaneous power failure occurring during tuning will result in a tuning error. After power is restored, the inverter starts
normal operation. Therefore, when the STF (STR) signal is ON, the motor starts forward (reverse) rotation.
• Any fault occurring during tuning is handled as in the normal operation. However, if the retry function is set, no retry is
• The set frequency monitor displayed during the offline auto tuning is 0 Hz.
• Note that the motor may start running suddenly.
• For performing offline auto tuning with motor rotation in vertical lift applications, etc., caution is required to avoid falling
due to insufficient torque.
About 25 to 120 s (The time depends on the inverter capacity and motor type.)
About 40 s
(The following offline auto tuning time is set according to the acceleration/deceleration time setting.
Offline auto tuning time = acceleration time + deceleration time + about 30 s)
on the operation panel during PU operation. For External operation, turn OFF
or turning OFF the start signal (STF or STR) during tuning, offline auto
Set Pr.96 = "1 or 101" and try again.
Make the setting again.
Set the acceleration/deceleration time longer.
Set Pr.156 Voltage reduction selection during
stall prevention operation = "1".
Check for the power supply voltage fluctuation.
Check the Pr.84 Rated motor frequency setting.
Check the settings of Pr.83 and Pr.84.
Check the motor wiring and make the setting again.
Check the Pr.1 Maximum frequency and Pr.31 to
Pr.36 Frequency jump settings.
5.13 (C) Motor constant parameters