• Do not use this function when switching to an external battery, since the inrush current when power is restored increases, as
the undervoltage level is decreased.
• For the 200 V class inverters, the setting is available for the FR-A820-02330(45K) or lower.
• The Pr.598 setting is valid for induction motors. When either of the first or second motor is a PM motor, the Pr.598 setting is
5.10.6 Initiating a protective function
A fault (protective function) is initiated by setting the parameter.
This function can be used to check how the system operates at activation of a protective function.
• To initiate a fault (protective function), set the assigned number of the protective function to be initiated in Pr.997.
• The value set in Pr.997 is not stored in EEPROM.
• When a protective function activates, the inverter output is shut off, a fault is displayed, and a fault signal (ALM, ALM2) is
• The latest fault in the faults history is displayed while the fault initiation function is in operation. After a reset, the faults
history goes back to the previous status. (The protective function generated by the fault is not saved in the faults history.)
• Perform inverter reset to cancel the protective function.
• For the selectable parameter by Pr.997 and the corresponding protective functions, refer to
• If a protective function is already operating, no fault can be activated by Pr.997.
• The retry function is disabled when a protective function has been initiated by the fault initiation function.
• If a fault occurs after a protective function has been activated, the protective function indication does not change. The fault is
not saved in the faults history either.
5.10.7 I/O phase loss protection selection
The output phase loss protection function, which stops the inverter output if one of the three phases (U, V, W) on the inverter's
output side (load side) is lost, can be disabled.
The input phase loss protective function on the inverter input side (R/L1, S/L2, T/L3) can be enabled.
Output phase loss
Input phase loss
The setting is available only for standard models and IP55 compatible models.
Output phase loss protection selection (Pr.251)
• When Pr.251 is set to "0", output phase loss protection (E.LF) becomes invalid.
Input phase loss protection selection (Pr.872) (Standard models and IP55
• When Pr.872 is set to "1", Input phase loss (E.ILF) protection is activated if one of three phases is detected to be lost for
1 s continuously.
5.10 (H) Protective function parameter
16 to 253
The setting range is same with the one for fault data codes of the
inverter (which can be read through communication). Written data is not
stored in EEPROM.
The read value is always "9999". The protective function is not
activated with this setting.
Without output phase loss protection
With output phase loss protection
Without input phase loss protection
With input phase loss protection