• It takes about 10 s for tuning to complete. (The time depends on the inverter capacity and motor type.)
• Satisfy the required inverter start conditions to start offline auto tuning. For example, stop the input of the MRS signal.
• To force tuning to end, use the MRS or RES signal or
(Turning OFF the start signal (STF signal or STR signal) also ends tuning.)
• During offline auto tuning, only the following I/O signals are valid (initial value).
Input terminals <valid signals>: STP (STOP), OH, MRS, RT, RES, STF, STR, S1, and S2
Output terminals: RUN, OL, IPF, FM/CA, AM, A1B1C1, and So (SO)
• When the rotation speed and the output frequency are selected for terminals FM/CA and AM, the progress status of offline
auto tuning is output in 15 steps from FM/CA and AM.
• Do not perform ON/OFF switching of the Second function selection (RT) signal during offline auto tuning. Auto tuning will not
be performed properly.
• Since the RUN signal turns ON when tuning is started, pay close attention especially when a sequence which releases a
mechanical brake by the RUN signal has been designed.
• When executing offline auto tuning, input the operation command after switching ON the main circuit power (R/L1, S/L2, T/L3)
of the inverter.
• While Pr.79 Operation mode selection = "7", turn the PU operation external interlock (X12) signal ON to tune in the PU
• During tuning, the monitor is displayed on the operation panel as follows.
Tuning in progress
• When offline auto tuning ends, press
the start signal (STF signal or STR signal). This operation resets the offline auto tuning, and the PU's monitor display
returns to the normal indication. (Without this operation, next operation cannot be started.)
• At tuning completion, the tuning results are set in the following parameters:
• The motor constants measured once during offline auto tuning are stored as parameters and their data are held until offline
auto tuning is performed again. However, the tuning data is cleared when performing All parameter clear.
• If offline auto tuning has ended in error, motor constants are not set.
5.14 (A) Application parameters
Operation panel (FR-DU08) display
on the operation panel during PU operation. For External operation, turn OFF
Motor constant (R1)
Frequency search gain
Auto tuning setting/status
on the operation panel.
LCD operation panel (FR-LU08) display