Connect a 0-10 VDC indicator (frequency meter) across terminal AM and terminal 5 on the inverter. (Note the
polarity. Terminal AM is positive.)
Set a monitor item in Pr.158 AM terminal function selection. (Refer to
When the running frequency or inverter output current is selected on the monitor, set the running frequency or
current value at which the output signal is 10 V, using Pr.55 or Pr.56 beforehand.
If the meter needle does not point to maximum even at maximum output., calibrate it with C1 (Pr.901).
• When outputting an item such as the output current, which cannot reach a 100% value easily by operation, set Pr.158 to "21"
(reference voltage output) and calibrate. A voltage of 10 VDC is output via terminal AM.
• When Pr.306 Analog output signal selection = "21", the output via terminal AM cannot be calibrated. For the details of
Pr.306, refer to the Instruction Manual of the FR-A8AY.
• Use Pr.290 Monitor negative output selection to enable negative signals output via terminal AM. The output voltage range
is -10 to +10 VDC. Calibrate the maximum positive value output via terminal AM.
Adjusting the response of terminal AM (Pr.867)
• Use Pr.867 to adjust the output voltage response of the terminal AM in the range of 0 to 5 seconds.
• Increasing the setting stabilizes the output via terminal AM more but reduces the response level. (Setting "0" means the
setting of the response level to 7 ms.)
Parameters referred to
Pr.54 FM/CA terminal function
Pr.55 Frequency monitoring
Pr.56 Current monitoring
Pr.158 AM terminal function
Pr.290 Monitor negative output
Pr.291 Pulse train I/O
5.11.5 Energy saving monitoring
From the power consumption estimated value during commercial power supply operation, the energy saving effect by use of
the inverter can be monitored and output.
5.11 (M) Item and output signal for monitoring