Remove the fan fixing screws, and remove the fan.
The number of cooling fans differs according to the inverter capacity.
Installation (FR-A840-04320(160K) or higher)
After confirming the orientation of the fan, install the fan so that the "AIR FLOW" arrow faces up.
<Fan side face>
Install fans referring to the above figure.
• Installing the fan in the opposite direction of air flow may shorten the inverter life.
• Ensure that the cables are not caught when the fan is installed.
• Switch OFF the power before starting the fan replacement work. To prevent an electric shock accident, keep the inverter with
its covers on during fans replacement since the inverter circuits are charged with voltage even after power OFF.
A large-capacity aluminum electrolytic capacitor is used for smoothing in the main circuit DC section, and an aluminum
electrolytic capacitor is used for stabilizing the control power in the control circuit. Their characteristics are deteriorated by the
adverse effects of ripple currents, etc. The replacement intervals greatly vary with the surrounding air temperature and
operating conditions. When the inverter is operated in air-conditioned, normal environment conditions, replace the capacitors
about every 10 years.
The appearance criteria for inspection are as follows:
• Case: Check the side and bottom faces for expansion.
• Sealing plate: Check for a remarkable warp and extreme crack.
• Check for an external crack, discoloration, liquid leakage, etc. Judge that the capacitor has reached its life when the
measured capacitance of the capacitor reduced below 80% of the rating.
• The inverter diagnoses the main circuit capacitor and control circuit capacitor by itself and can judge their lives. (Refer to
7. PRECAUTIONS FOR MAINTENANCE AND INSPECTION
7.1 Inspection item