Instructions for encoder cable wiring
• Use shielded twisted pair cables (0.2 mm
several cables in parallel or use a thick cable, according to the wiring length.
To protect the cables from noise, run them away from any source of noise (such as the main circuit and power supply
Within 10 m
At least two cables in parallel
Within 20 m
At least four cables in parallel
At least six cables in parallel
Within 100 m
When differential line driver is set and a wiring length is 30 m or more.
The wiring length can be extended to 100 m by increasing the 5 V power supply (approximately to 5.5 V) while using six or more 0.2 mm
cables in parallel or a 1.25 mm
• To reduce noise of the encoder cable, earth (ground) the encoder's shielded cable
to the enclosure (as close as possible to the inverter) with a P-clip or U-clip made of metal.
• When one encoder is shared between the FR-A8AP and CNC (computerized numerical controller), its output signal should
be connected as follows. In this case, the wiring length between the FR-A8AP and CNC should be as short as possible,
within 5 m.
• For the details of the optional encoder dedicated cable (FR-JCBL/FR-V7CBL), refer to
• The FR-V7CBL is provided with a P-clip for earthing (grounding) shielded cables.
2. INSTALLATION AND WIRING
2.8 Connection to a motor with encoder (Vector control)
or larger) to connect the FR-A8AP. For the wiring to terminals PG and SD, use
Example of parallel connection
(with complementary encoder output)
or larger gauge cable. The voltage applied must be within power supply specifications of encoder.
Earthing (grounding) example using a P-clip
Maximum 5 m
(two parallel cables)
with two cables