• When performing the online auto tuning at start for a lift, consider using a brake sequence function for the brake opening timing
at a start, or tuning using the external terminal. The tuning takes about 500 ms at the most after starting. However, during this
time, it is possible that not enough torque is provided and caution is required to prevent the object from dropping. Use of the
Start-time tuning start external input (X28) signal is recommended to perform tuning. (Refer to
• Perform online auto tuning at startup when the motor is stopped.
• The online auto tuning is disabled when the MRS signal is being input, the setting speed is Pr.13 Starting frequency or lower
(V/F control, Advanced magnetic flux vector control), an inverter fault is occurring, or the inverter's startup condition is not
• Online auto tuning does not operate during deceleration and restart from DC injection brake operation.
• It is disabled during JOG operation.
• If automatic restart after instantaneous power failure is selected, automatic restart is prioritized. (Online auto tuning at startup
is not performed during frequency search.)
If automatic restart after instantaneous power failure is used together, perform online auto tuning while stopping operation with
the X28 signal. (Refer to
• Zero current detection and output current detection are enabled during online auto tuning.
• The RUN signal is not output during online auto tuning. The RUN signal is turned ON at operation startup.
• If the time between the inverter stop and restart is within 4 seconds, tuning is performed at startup but its result will not be
Online auto tuning at startup using the external terminal (Pr.95/Pr.574 =
"1", X28 signal, Y39 signal)
• Before turning ON the start signal (STF or STR), online auto tuning can be performed by turning ON the Start-time tuning
start external input (X28) signal in a stopped status in order to minimize the startup delay by tuning at start.
• Perform offline auto tuning and set "1" (tuning at start) in Pr.95.
• When the Start time tuning completion (Y39) signal is OFF, tuning at start can be performed with the X28 signal.
• The tuning takes about 500 ms at the most.
• To use the X28 signal, set "28" in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function selection) to assign the function to
an input terminal.
• To use the Y39 signal, set "39 (positive logic) or 139 (negative logic)" in any of Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function
selection) to assign the function to an output terminal.
5.13 (C) Motor constant parameters