• Operation from the error occurrence until the Pr.500 setting time elapses
When the communication returns to normal within the time period set in Pr.500, the protective function (E.OP1) is not activated.
Displaying and clearing the communication error count (Pr.501)
• When a communication option is used, the cumulative count of communication error occurrences can be displayed. Write
"0" to clear this cumulative count.
• When a communication line error occurs, the setting of Pr.501 Communication error occurrence count display
increases by one.
• The cumulative count of communication error occurrences is counted from 0 to 65535. When the count exceeds 65535,
the displayed value is cleared and the counting starts over from 0 again.
Count timing depending on
communication line status
• Communication error count is temporarily stored in the RAM memory. The error count is stored in EEPROM only once per
hour. If power reset or inverter reset is performed, Pr.501 setting will be the one that is last stored to EEPROM depending on
the reset timing.
Error reset operation selection at inverter fault (Pr.349)
• An error reset command from a communication option can be invalidated in the External operation mode or the PU
0 (initial value)
Error reset is enabled independently of operation mode.
Error reset is enabled in the Network operation mode.
Operation mode switching and communication startup mode (Pr.79,
• Check the following before switching the operation mode.
The inverter is at a stop.
Both the STF and STR signals are off.
The Pr.79 Operation mode selection setting is correct. (Check the setting on the operation panel of the inverter.) (Refer
• The operation mode at power ON and at restoration from instantaneous power failure can be selected. Set a value other
than "0" in Pr.340 Communication startup mode selection to select the Network operation mode. (Refer to
• After the inverter starts up in the Network operation mode, parameter write can be commanded via the network.
• The changed value in Pr.340 is applied after the next power-ON or inverter reset.
• The Pr.340 setting can be changed on the operation panel in any operation mode.
• When setting a value other than "0" in Pr.340, make sure that the communication settings of the inverter are correct.
Parameters referred to
Pr.7 Acceleration time, Pr.8 Deceleration time, Pr.111 Third deceleration
Output to decelerate
"E. 1" after stop
and stop the motor
Incremented by 1
Output after stop
Incremented by 1
5.15 (N) Communication operation parameters