Electronic thermal relay function pre-alarm
Appears if the cumulative value of the electronic thermal O/L relay reaches or exceeds 85% of the preset level
of Pr.9 Electronic thermal O/L relay. If the specified value is reached, the protection circuit is activated to shut
off the inverter output.
• Check for large load or sudden acceleration.
• Check that the Pr.9 setting is appropriate. (Refer to
• Reduce the load and frequency of operation.
• Set an appropriate value in Pr.9. (Refer to
• The motor is stopped using
under the mode other than the PU operation mode, set Pr.75 Reset selection/disconnected PU detection/
PU stop selection. Refer to
• The motor is stopped by the emergency stop function.
• Check for a stop made by pressing
• Check for whether the X92 signal is OFF.
• Turn the start signal OFF and release with
• Turn ON the X92 signal and OFF the start signal for release.
Speed limit indication (output during speed limit)
Output if the speed limit level is exceeded during torque control.
• Check that the torque command is not larger than required.
• Check if the speed limit level is set too low.
• Decrease the torque command value.
• Increase the speed limit level.
Appears when parameter copy is performed between the FR-A820-03160(55K) or lower / FR-A840-01800(55K)
or lower inverters and the FR-A820-03800(75K) or higher / FR-A840-02160(75K) or higher inverters.
Resetting of Pr.9, Pr.30, Pr.51, Pr.56, Pr.57, Pr.61, Pr.70, Pr.72, Pr.80, Pr.82, Pr.90 to Pr.94, Pr.453, Pr.455,
Pr.458 to Pr.462, Pr.557, Pr.859, Pr.860 to Pr.462, Pr.557, Pr.859, Pr.860 and Pr.893 is necessary.
Set the initial value in Pr.989 Parameter copy alarm release.
Appears when safety stop function is activated (during output shutoff). (Refer to
• Check if an emergency stop device is activated.
• Check if the shorting wire between S1 and PC or between S2 and PC is disconnected when not using the safety
• An emergency stop device is active when using the safety stop function. Identify the cause of emergency stop,
ensure the safety and restart the system.
• When not using the safety stop function, short across terminals S1 and PC and across S2 and PC with shorting
wire for the inverter to run.
• If "
the safety stop function (drive enabled), internal failure might be the cause. Check the wiring of terminals S1,
S2, and SIC and contact your sales representative if the wiring has no fault.
under the mode other than the PU operation mode. (To enable
" is indicated when wires across S1 and SIC and across S2 and SIC are both conducted while using
FR-LU08 indication TH
FR-LU08 indication PS
of the operation panel.
FR-LU08 indication SL
FR-LU08 indication CP
FR-LU08 indication —
6.5 Causes and corrective actions
6. PROTECTIVE FUNCTIONS