• When both the forward rotation start switch (STF signal) and the reverse rotation start switch (STR signal) are turned ON, the
motor cannot be started. If both are turned ON while the inverter is running, the inverter decelerates to a stop.
• Pr.178 STF terminal function selection must be set to "60" (or Pr.179 STR terminal function selection must be set to "61")
• Setting Pr.79 Operation mode selection = "3" enables multi-speed operation.
(STF or STR signal), and then press
Parameters referred to
Pr.4 to Pr.6 Multi-speed
Pr.178 STF terminal function selection, Pr.179 STR terminal function
Pr.79 Operation mode
Setting the frequency and giving a start command
with switches (multi-speed setting) (Pr.4 to Pr.6)
• Turn ON the STF/STR signal to give a start command.
• Turn ON the RH, RM, or RL signal to give a frequency command (multi-speed setting).
Forward rotation start
Reverse rotation start
The following shows the procedure to operate at a high speed (60 Hz).
Turning ON the power of the inverter
The operation panel is in the monitor mode.
Setting the frequency
Turn ON the high-speed switch (RH signal).
Start → acceleration → constant speed
Turn ON the start switch (STF/STR signal). The frequency value on the monitor increases according to the setting
of Pr.7 Acceleration time, and "
forward rotation, and [REV] indicator is ON during the reverse rotation. When the RM signal is turned ON, 30 Hz is
displayed. When the RL signal is turned ON, 10 Hz is displayed.
Deceleration → stop
Turn OFF the start switch (STF/STR signal). The frequency value on the monitor decreases according to the setting
of Pr.8 Deceleration time, the monitor displays "
indicator turns OFF. Turn OFF the high-speed switch (RH signal).
4. BASIC OPERATION
4.6 Basic operation procedure (External operation)
on the operation panel is pressed during the External operation, the inverter stops and the PU stop warning is
" appears on the LCD display of the operation panel). To reset the PU stop warning, turn OFF the start switch
391, Pr.7 Acceleration time, Pr.8 Deceleration
" (60.00 Hz) appears on the monitor. [FWD] indicator is ON during the
" (0.00 Hz), and the motor stops rotating. [FWD] or [REV]