The frequency and acceleration/deceleration time for JOG operation can be set. JOG operation is possible in both External
operation and PU.
JOG operation can be used for conveyor positioning, test operation, etc.
The above parameter is displayed as a simple mode parameter when the LCD operation panel (FR-LU08) or the parameter
unit (FR-PU07) is mounted. Setting of this parameter is enabled when the operation panel (FR-DU08) is connected and "0" is
set to Pr.160 User group read selection. (Refer to
The Pr.20 initial value is set to 60 Hz for the FM type and to 50 Hz for the CA type.
JOG operation in the External operation
• Operation can be started and stopped by the start signals (STF and STR signals) when the Jog operation selection (JOG)
signal is ON. (For the operation method, refer to
• While the JOGF or JOGR signal is input, Jog frequency setting (Pr.15) is used for operation. The rotation is forward while
the JOGF signal is input, and the rotation is reverse while the JOGR signal is input. (Direct JOG function)
• Use Jog acceleration/deceleration time (Pr.16) to set the acceleration/deceleration time during JOG operation.
• To use each signal, set the corresponding number selected from the following table in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input
terminal function selection) to assign the function to an output terminal.
Pr.178 to Pr.189 settings
5 (Pr.185 initial value)
Forward rotation STF
Reverse rotation STR
JOG operation in PU
• When the operation panel or parameter unit is in the JOG operation mode, the motor jogs only while the start button is
pressed. (For the operation method, refer to
5.9 (D) Operation command and frequency command
0 to 590 Hz
0 to 3600 s
Set the frequency during JOG operation.
Set the motor acceleration/deceleration time during JOG operation.
For the acceleration/deceleration time, set the time until the
set in Pr.20 Acceleration/deceleration reference
frequency is reached.
The acceleration/deceleration times cannot be set separately.