Specification of the applied 24 V external power supply
Commercially available products (as of February 15)
Specifications: Capacity 50 W, output voltage 24 VDC, output current 2.1 A
Installation method: Front installation with cover
Specifications: Capacity 60 W, output voltage 24 VDC, output current 2.5 A
Installation method: DIN rail installation
For the latest information about OMRON power supply, contact OMRON corporation.
Starting and stopping the 24 V external power supply operation
• Supplying 24 V external power while the main circuit power is OFF starts the 24 V external power supply operation.
Likewise, turning OFF the main circuit power while supplying 24 V external power starts the 24 V external power supply
• Turning ON the main circuit power stops the 24 V external power supply operation and enables the normal operation.
• When the 24 V external power is supplied while the main circuit power supply is OFF, the inverter operation is disabled.
• In the initial setting, when the main power supply is turned ON during the 24 V external power supply operation, a reset is
performed in the inverter, then the power supply changes to the main circuit power supply. (The reset can be disabled using
Pr.30. (Refer to
Confirming the 24 V external power supply input
• During the 24 V external power supply operation, "EV" blinks on the operation panel. The alarm lamp also blinks. Thus,
the 24 V external power supply operation can be confirmed even when the operation panel is removed.
• During the 24 V external power supply operation, the 24 V external power supply operation (EV) signal is output. To use
the EV signal, set "68 (positive logic) or 168 (negative logic)" in one of Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function
selection) to assign function to an output terminal.
Operation while the 24 V external power is supplied
• Faults history and parameters can be read and parameters can be written (when the parameter write from the operation
panel is enabled) using the operation panel keys.
• The safety stop function is invalid during the 24 V external power supply operation.
• During the 24 V external power supply operation, the monitor items and signals related to inputs to main circuit power
supply, such as the output current, converter output voltage, and IPF signal, are invalid.
• The alarms, which have occurred when the main circuit power supply is ON, continue to be output after the power supply
is changed to the 24 V external power supply. Perform the inverter reset or turn OFF then ON the power to reset the faults.
• If the power supply changes from the main circuit power supply to the 24 V external power supply while measuring the
main circuit capacitor's life, the measurement completes after the power supply changes back to the main circuit power
supply (Pr.259 = "3").
• The output data is retained when "1 or 11" is set in Pr.495 Remote output selection.
23 to 25.5 VDC
1.4 A or less
2. INSTALLATION AND WIRING
2.6 Control circuit