Home position return
Count type with front
If it is set under PM sensorless vector control, Home position return parameter setting error (HP3) occurs.
• Home position return automatic back-off function
In a system that uses home position return with proximity dog, if the home position return is commanded while the motor is in
a position within the proximity dog, the motor moves out of the proximity dog once, then starts deceleration to stop when it
comes to the proximity dog again. The home position return is performed automatically after that.
Home position return error
• If home position return is not normally completed, the following warnings appear on the operation panel.
Home position return setting error
Home position return uncompleted
Home position return parameter
• The home position return failure (ZA) signal is output while the home position return warning is occurring. To use the ZA
signal, set "56 (positive logic) or 156 (negative logic)" in any of Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function selection) to
assign the function.
Sudden stop (Pr.464, Pr.1221, and X87 signal)
• The operation performed during STF(STR)-OFF can be selected with Pr.1221 Start command edge detection selection.
5.5 Position control under vector control and PM sensorless vector control
Deceleration starts at the front end of the proximity dog, and the position is shifted by the post-dog
travel distance and home position shift distance. The position after the shifts is set as the home
Set pulses required for changing the speed from the home position speed to the creep speed or more
as the total of the post-dog travel distance and home position shift amount.
Point table selection
Start signal (STF)
• The home position setting has failed.
• Start signal for the point table positioning has turned ON without completing the
home position return.
• The proximity dog signal is turned OFF during transition from the home position
return speed to the creep speed when home position return is performed in the
dog type or dog type back end reference.
• The position command is given for the motor to reach the post-dog travel
distance during transition from the home position return speed to the creep speed
when home position return is performed in the count type.
• The position command is given for the motor to reach the total of the post-dog
travel distance and home position shift distance during deceleration from the
creep speed after the proximity dog signal is turned OFF in the dog type back end
• The speed did not reach the creep speed in the count type with front end
• An unavailable home position return method is selected.
Point table 1
acceleration time Home position
Home position return start position
Point table 1