• When both the forward rotation start switch (STF signal) and the reverse rotation start switch (STR signal) are turned ON, the
motor cannot be started. If both are turned ON while the inverter is running, the inverter decelerates to a stop.
• Initially, the high-speed switch (RH signal) is set to 60 Hz for the FM type inverter or 50 Hz for the CA type inverter. The middle-
speed switch (RM signal) is set to 30 Hz, and the low-speed switch (RL signal) is set to 10 Hz. (To change the settings, use
Pr.4, Pr.5, and Pr.6, respectively.)
• In the initial setting, if two or more speed switches (signals) are simultaneously turned ON, priority is given to the switch (signal)
for the lower speed. For example, when both RH and RM signals turn ON, the RM signal (Pr.5) has the higher priority.
• Up to 15-speed switching operation can be performed.
Parameters referred to
Pr.4 to Pr.6 Multi-speed
Pr.7 Acceleration time, Pr.8 Deceleration
Setting the frequency using an analog signal
• Turn ON the STF/STR signal to give a start command.
• Use the frequency setting potentiometer to give a frequency command (by connecting it across terminals 2 and 5 (voltage
(The inverter supplies 5 V power to the frequency setting potentiometer via terminal 10.)
Forward rotation start
Reverse rotation start
The following shows the procedure to operate at 60 Hz.
Turning ON the power of the inverter
The operation panel is in the monitor mode.
Turn ON the start switch (STF/STR signal). [FWD] or [REV] indicator blinks as no frequency command is given.
Acceleration → constant speed
Turn the frequency setting potentiometer clockwise slowly to full. The frequency value on the monitor increases
according to the setting of Pr.7 Acceleration time, and "
indicator is ON during the forward rotation, and [REV] indicator is ON during the reverse rotation.
Turn the frequency setting potentiometer counterclockwise slowly to full. The frequency value on the monitor
decreases according to the setting of Pr.8 Deceleration time, the monitor displays "
stops rotating. [FWD] or [REV] indicator blinks.
Turn OFF the start switch (STF/STR signal). [FWD] or [REV] indicator turns OFF.
" (60.00 Hz) appears on the monitor. [FWD]
" (0.00 Hz), and the motor
4. BASIC OPERATION
4.6 Basic operation procedure (External operation)