• When a current position varies, the Position detection level (FP) signal may repeat ON/OFF (chatter). Setting hysteresis
to the detected position prevents chattering of the signal. Use Pr.1297 Position detection hysteresis width to set a
Position detection level
5.5.11 Position control gain adjustment
Easy gain tuning is provided as an easy tuning method. For details about easy gain tuning, refer to
If easy gain tuning does not produce any effect, make fine adjustments by using the following parameters.
Set "0" to Pr.819 Easy gain tuning selection before setting the following parameters.
Position control gain
Second position control gain 25 s
Position feed forward gain
Position feed forward
Model position control gain
Model speed control gain
Speed feed forward control/
model adaptive speed
Load inertia ratio
Position loop gain (Pr.422, Pr.1298)
• Make adjustment when any of such a phenomena as unusual vibration, noise and overcurrent of the motor/machine
• Increasing the setting improves traceability for the position command and also improves servo rigidity at a stop, but
oppositely makes an overshoot and vibration more liable to occur.
• Normally set this parameter within the range about 5 to 50.
Response is slow.
vibration or other instable
Position feed forward gain (Pr.423)
• This function is designed to cancel a delay caused by the droop pulses in the deviation counter. Set this parameter when
a sufficient position response cannot be obtained after setting Pr.422.
• When a tracking delay for command pulses poses a problem, increase the setting gradually and use this parameter within
the range where an overshoot or vibration will not occur.
5.5 Position control under vector control and PM sensorless vector control
[before electronic gear]
10000 + Pr.1294
Initial value Setting range
Increase the setting value.
Increase the setting value by 3 s
stop-time vibration or other instable phenomenon does not occur, and set
about 80 to 90% of that value.
Lower the setting value.
Lower the setting value by 3 s
time vibration or other instable phenomenon does not occur, and set about
80 to 90% of that value.
Set the gain for the position loop.
0 to 150 s
Set the position loop gain for the second motor.
0 to 150 s
Function to cancel a delay caused by the droop pulses in the
0 to 100%
0 to 5 s
Input the first delay filter for the feed forward command.
Set the gain for the model position controller.
0 to 150 s
0 to 1000%
Set the gain for the model speed controller.
Perform position feed forward control.
Model adaptive position control becomes valid.
0 to 200-fold
Set the load inertia ratio for the motor.
How to adjust Pr.422
until immediately before an overshoot,
until immediately before an overshoot, stop-