• To prevent an electric shock, always earth (ground) the motor and inverter.
• Do not install a power factor correction capacitor or surge suppressor or capacitor type filter on the inverter's output side. Doing
so will cause the inverter to be shut off or the capacitor and surge suppressor to be damaged. If any of the above devices is
connected, immediately remove it. When installing a molded case circuit breaker on the output side of the inverter, contact the
manufacturer of the molded case circuit breaker.
• Electromagnetic wave interference
The input/output (main circuit) of the inverter includes high frequency components, which may interfere with the
communication devices (such as AM radios) used near the inverter. In this case, activating the EMC filter may minimize
interference. (Refer to
• For details of options and peripheral devices, refer to the respective Instruction Manual.
• A PM motor cannot be driven by the commercial power supply.
• A PM motor is a motor with permanent magnets embedded inside. High voltage is generated at the motor terminals while the
motor is running. Before closing the contactor at the output side, make sure that the inverter power is ON and the motor is
Check the model of the inverter you purchased. Appropriate peripheral devices must be selected according to the capacity.
Refer to the following table to prepare appropriate peripheral devices.
2. INSTALLATION AND WIRING
2.1 Peripheral devices