Be careful of the permissible current of the built-in transistors on the inverter. (24 VDC 0.1 A)
• The automatic restart after instantaneous power failure function and orientation function do not operate when brake sequence
• To use this function, set the acceleration/deceleration time to 1 s or higher.
• Changing the terminal assignment using Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function selection) and Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output
terminal function selection) may affect the other functions. Set parameters after confirming the function of each terminal.
Setting the brake sequence operation
• Set Pr.292 Automatic acceleration/deceleration = "7 or 8 (braking sequence operation)".
To ensure sequence operation, it is recommended to use with Pr.292 = "7" (with brake opening completion signal input).
• Set "15" in any of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (input terminal function selection), and assign the Brake opening completion (BRI)
signal to the input terminal.
• Set "20" (positive logic) or "120" (negative logic) in any of Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function selection), and
assign the brake opening request signal (BOF) to the output terminal.
• Use Pr.639 Brake opening current selection to select whether the output current or the motor torque is used as a
reference for the brake opening operation. (Under V/F control, this operation is activated regardless of the Pr.639 setting.)
• Under Real sensorless vector control, Vector control, or PM sensorless vector control, use Pr.640 Brake operation
frequency selection to select whether the frequency command or the actual motor speed (estimated value) is used as a
reference for brake closing operation. If the brake operation timing is different from the motor speed because of the load,
set Pr.640 = "1 (brake operation with the actual motor speed (estimated value))".
• Under V/F control or Advanced magnetic flux vector control, perform brake operation while referring to the frequency
command regardless of the Pr.640 setting.
• Under torque control, position control, or PM sensorless vector control (with the low-speed range high torque characteristic
disabled), the brake sequence function is disabled.
Operation with brake opening completion signal input (Pr.292 = "7")
• When the start signal is input to the inverter, the inverter starts running, and when the output frequency reaches the
frequency set in Pr.278 Brake opening frequency and the output current or the motor torque is equal to or greater than
the Pr.279 Brake opening current setting, the brake opening request signal (BOF) is output after the time set in Pr.280
Brake opening current detection time. The Brake opening completion (BRI) signal is input, and the output frequency is
increased to the set speed after the set time in Pr.281 Brake operation time at start.
5.14 (A) Application parameters