Setting the frequency with switches (multi-speed
• Turn ON the RH, RM, or RL signal to give a frequency command (multi-speed setting).
• Set Pr.79 Operation mode selection = "4" (External/PU combination operation mode 2).
The following shows the procedure to operate at a low speed (10 Hz).
Turning ON the power of the inverter
The operation panel is in the monitor mode.
Changing the operation mode
Set "4" in Pr.79. [PU] and [EXT] indicators are ON. (To change the setting, refer to
Setting the frequency
Turn ON the low-speed switch (RL signal).
Start → acceleration → constant speed
Acceleration time, and "
Deceleration → stop
to stop. The frequency value on the monitor decreases according to the setting of Pr.8 Deceleration
time, the monitor displays "
• Initially, the high-speed switch (RH signal) is set to 60 Hz for the FM type inverter or 50 Hz for the CA type inverter. The middle-
speed switch (RM signal) is set to 30 Hz, and the low-speed switch (RL signal) is set to 10 Hz. (To change the settings, use
Pr.4, Pr.5, and Pr.6, respectively.)
• In the initial setting, if two or more speed switches (signals) are simultaneously turned ON, priority is given to the switch (signal)
for the lower speed. For example, when both RH and RM signals turn ON, the RM signal (Pr.5) has the higher priority.
• Up to 15-speed switching operation can be performed.
Parameters referred to
Pr.4 to Pr.6 Multi-speed
Pr.7 Acceleration time, Pr.8 Deceleration
Pr.79 Operation mode
on the operation panel (FR-DU08) to give a start command.
to start running. The frequency value on the monitor increases according to the setting of Pr.7
" (10.00 Hz) appears on the monitor.
" (0.00 Hz), and the motor stops rotating. Turn OFF the low-speed switch (RL
4. BASIC OPERATION
4.5 Basic operation procedure (PU operation)