• When using the DC reactor (FR-HEL), connect it to terminals P/+ and P1.
For the FR-A820-03160(55K) or lower and the FR-A840-01800(55K) or lower, the jumper connected across terminals P/
+ and P1 must be removed. Otherwise, the reactor will not be effective.
• Select a DC reactor according to the applied motor capacity. (Refer to
the FR-A840-02160(75K) or higher, and when a 75 kW or higher motor is used, always connect a DC reactor.
• Since the DC reactor (FR-HEL) is electrically connected to the enclosure through mounting screws, the DC reactor is
earthed (grounded) by being securely mounted to the enclosure. However, if the DC reactor is not earthed (grounded)
securely enough, an earthing (grounding) cable may be used.
When using an earthing (grounding) cable for the FR-HEL-(H)55K or lower, wire the cable to the installation hole where
varnish is removed. (Refer to the Instruction Manual of the FR-HEL.)
For the FR-HEL-(H)75K or higher, use an earth (ground) terminal to perform earthing (grounding). (Refer to the Instruction
Manual of the FR-HEL.)
• The wiring distance must be within 5 m.
• As a reference, the cable gauge for the connection must be equal to or larger than that of the power supply cables (R/L1, S/
L2, T/L3) and the earthing (grounding) cable. (Refer to
2. INSTALLATION AND WIRING
2.10 Connection of stand-alone option units
790.) For the FR-A820-03800(75K) or higher,