Driving an MM-CF IPM motor
Perform IPM parameter initialization. (Refer to
Set "3003 or 3103" in Pr.998 PM parameter initialization, or select "3003" in "
Set parameters such as the acceleration/deceleration time and multi-speed setting.
Set parameters such as the acceleration/deceleration time and multi-speed setting as required.
Set the operation command. (Refer to
Select the start command and speed command.
Perform the test operation.
• Perform offline auto tuning for a PM motor. (Refer to
• To change to the PM sensorless vector control, perform PM parameter initialization at first. If parameter initialization is
performed after setting other parameters, some of those parameters are initialized too. (Refer to
that are initialized.)
• To use a motor capacity that is one rank lower than the inverter capacity, set Pr.80 Motor capacity before performing PM
• The speed setting range for an MM-CF IPM motor is between 0 and 200 Hz.
• The carrier frequency is limited during PM sensorless vector control. (Refer to
• Constant-speed operation cannot be performed in the low-speed range of 200r/min or less under current synchronization
operation. (Refer to
• During PM sensorless vector control, the RUN signal is output about 100 ms after turning ON the start command (STF, STR).
The delay is due to the magnetic pole detection.
• During PM sensorless vector control, the automatic restart after instantaneous power failure function operates only when an
MM-CF IPM motor is connected
When a built-in brake or a regeneration unit is used, the frequency search may not be available at 2200 r/min or higher.
The restart operation cannot be performed until the motor speed drops to a frequency where the frequency search is available.
Driving a PM motor other than MM-CF
Set the motor (Pr.9, Pr.71, Pr.80, Pr.81, Pr.83, and Pr.84). (Refer to
Set "8093 (IPM motor other than MM-CF) or 9093 (SPM motor)" in Pr.71 Applied motor. Set Pr.9 Rated motor
current, Pr.80 Motor capacity, Pr.81 Number of motor poles, Pr.83 Rated motor voltage, and Pr.84 Rated
motor frequency according to the motor specifications. (Setting "9999 (initial value)" in Pr.80 or Pr.81 selects V/F
Perform the offline auto tuning for a PM motor (Pr.96). (Refer to
Set "1" (offline auto tuning without rotating motor (for other than MM-CF)) in Pr.96, and perform tuning.
5.3 Speed control under Real sensorless vector control, vector control, PM sensorless vector control
Parameter settings for MM-CF IPM motor (rotations
Parameter settings for MM-CF IPM motor
" (IPM initialization).
for the parameters