• Sink logic
• Pr.128 = 41
• Pr.182 = 14
• Pr.193 = 14
• Pr.194 = 15
• Pr.133 = Set point
The main speed command differs according to each operation mode (External, PU, communication).
The applied output terminals differ by the settings of Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function selection).
The applied input terminals differ by the settings of Pr.178 to Pr.189 (Input terminal function selection).
The AU signal need not be input.
Dancer control operation selection (Pr.128)
When Pr.133 ≠ "9999", the Pr.133 setting is valid.
• To enable dancer control, set "40 to 43" in Pr.128 PID action selection.
• Dancer control is enabled only when the PID control valid (X14) signal turns ON when "14" is set in one of Pr.178 to Pr.182
(Input terminal function selection) and X14 signal is assigned. When the X14 signal is not assigned, dancer control is
enabled only by the Pr.128 setting.
• Input the main speed command (External, PU, Communication). Dancer control is also supported by the main speed
command in all operation modes.
• Input the set point between the terminals 2 and 5 (the setting can be selected using Pr.133 or Pr.609) and input the
measured value signal (dancer roll position detection signal) between the inverter terminals 4 and 5 (the setting can be
selected using Pr.610).
• The action of Pr.129 PID proportional band, Pr.130 PID integral time, Pr.131 PID upper limit, Pr.132 PID lower limit
and Pr.134 PID differential time is the same as PID control action. In the relationship between the control amount (%)
and frequency in PID control, 0% and 100% are equivalent to the frequencies set to Pr.902 and Pr.903, respectively.
• When Pr.128 is set to "0" or the X14 signal is OFF, regular inverter running not dancer control is performed.
• Dancer control is enabled by turning ON/OFF the bits of terminals assigned the X14 signal by RS-485 communication or over
• When dancer control is selected, set the PID output suspension function (Pr.575 Output interruption detection time =
• When Pr.561 PTC thermistor protection level ≠ "9999", terminal 2 cannot be used for the main speed command. Terminal
2 becomes the PTC thermistor input terminal.
PID control selection
Main speed command
Feedback value of
dancer roll position
Output signal common
Set point input
Set by Pr.133 or input by
terminal selected by Pr.609
Measured value input
Input by terminal selected by
5.14 (A) Application parameters