FR-DU07 (4-digit LED)
Dedicated plug-in options (not interchangeable)
Connected to the connector 3
For standard models, installation size is compatible for all capacities. (Replacement between the same capacities
does not require new mounting holes.)
For separated converter types, installation size is not compatible. (New mounting holes are required.)
Built-in for all capacities
The 75K or higher comes with a DC reactor (FR-HEL).
(75 kW or higher)
• Removal procedure of the front cover is different. (Refer to
• Plug-in options of the FR-A700 series are not compatible.
• Operation panel (FR-DU07) cannot be used.
• The spring clamp type terminal block has changed to the screw type. Use of blade terminals is recommended.
Instructions for continuous use of the PU07 (parameter unit)
manufactured in September 2015 or earlier
• For the FR-A800 series, many functions (parameters) have been added. When setting these parameters, the parameter
names and setting ranges are not displayed.
• Only the parameter with the numbers up to "999" can be read and set. The parameters with the numbers after "999" cannot
be read or set.
• Many protective functions have been added for the FR-A800 series. These functions are available, but all faults are
displayed as "Fault". When the faults history is checked, "ERR" appears. Added faults will not appear on the parameter
unit. (However, MT1 to MT3 are displayed as MT.)
• Parameter copy/verification function are not available.
Copying parameter settings
• The FR-A700 series' parameter settings can be easily copied to the FR-A800 series by using the setup software (FR
Configurator2). (Not supported by the setup software FR-SW3-SETUP or older.)
Replacement of the FR-A500(L) series
• Installation size is compatible for replacing the FR-A520(L)-0.4K to 90K, FR-A540(L)-0.4K to 7.5K, 18.5K to 55K, 110K,
160K, or 220K. New mounting holes are required for replacing models with other capacities.
• To use the same mounting holes of the FR-A540-11K or 15K for the A800 series, the optional installation interchange
attachment (FR-AAT) is necessary.
• The external heatsink attachment is not interchangeable.
The enclosure cut dimensions of the FR-A520-3.7K or lower, FR-A520-30K, FR-A520-55K or higher, FR-A540-3.7K or
lower, FR-A540-11K and 15K, and FR-A540-75K or higher are not compatible.
9.1 For customers replacing the conventional model with this inverter
FR-DU08 (5-digit LED)
FR-LU08 (LCD operation panel)
FR-PU07 (Some functions, such as parameter copy, are
The FR-DU07 is not supported.
Connected to the connector 1
An optional converter unit (FR-CC2) is required for
separated converter types.
For the FR-A820-03800(75K) or higher, the FR-A840-
02160(75K) or higher, and when a 75 kW or higher
motor is used, select a DC reactor suitable for the
applicable motor capacity. (A DC reactor is not
Separated converter types (converter unit FR-CC2) and
IP55 compatible models have a built-in DC reactor.