• To prevent the cooling fan from turning ON and OFF repeatedly during frequent starts/stops (inching), the cooling fan stop
waiting time can be set. The waiting time when Pr.244 = "101 to 105" is Pr.244 - 100 (or 1 s, if the Pr.244 = "101").
Cooling fan operation command (Y206) signal
• The Cooling fan operation command (Y206) signal can be output when the inverter cooling fan meets the conditions for
running. The function can be used when the fan installed on the enclosure is synchronized with the inverter cooling fan.
• The Y206 signal indicates the operating command condition of the inverter cooling fan depending on the power supply ON/
OFF or the Pr.244 settings. The signal does not indicate the actual operation of the cooling fan. (The signal is output even
if the cooling fan is stopped due to a fault.)
• To use the Y206 signal, set "206 (positive logic) or 306 (negative logic)" in one of Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal
function selection) to assign function to an output terminal.
• The cooling fan is installed on the FR-A820-00105(1.5K) or higher and the FR-A840-00083(2.2K) or higher.
• Changing the terminal assignment using Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function selection) may affect the other
functions. Set parameters after confirming the function of each terminal.
Parameters referred to
Pr.190 to Pr.196 (Output terminal function
5.10.4 Earth (ground) fault detection at start
Select whether to make earth (ground) fault detection at start. When enabled, earth (ground) fault detection is performed
immediately after a start signal input to the inverter.
Earth (ground) fault detection at
• If a ground fault is detected at start while Pr.249 = "1", the output-side earth (ground) fault overcurrent (E.GF) is displayed
and the outputs are shut off. (Refer to
• Pr.249 setting is enabled during V/F control and Advanced magnetic flux vector control.
• When the Pr.72 PWM frequency selection setting is high, enable the ground fault detection at start.
• Because the detection is performed at start, output is delayed for approx. 20 ms every start.
• Use Pr.249 to enable/disable ground fault detection at operation start. Ground faults are detected always during operation
regardless of the Pr.249 setting.
5.10.5 Varying the activation level of the undervoltage
If the undervoltage protection (E.UVT) activates due to unstable voltage in the power supply, the undervoltage level (DC bus
voltage value) can be changed.
For the 200 V class
For the 400 V class
175 to 215 VDC
350 to 430 VDC
Without the earth (ground) fault detection at
With the earth (ground) fault detection at start
Set the DC voltage value at which E.UVT occurs.
E.UVT occurs at 215 VDC (200 V class) / 430 VDC (400
5.10 (H) Protective function parameter