• The items in the cumulative energy saving monitoring (items which can be monitored when "51" is set in Pr.52, Pr.774 to
Pr.776, and Pr.992) are listed below.
(The digit of the cumulative energy saving monitored value can be moved to the right according to the setting of Pr.891
Cumulative power monitor digit shifted times.)
It is defined as a cumulative energy saving during
monitoring, determined by multiplying the saved
power by the number of inverter operating hours.
Σ ([1 Power saving] × ∆t)
It is defined as a monetary value of the cumulative
Power cost savings
[6 Power saving amount] × Pr.896 setting
It is defined as an estimated annual energy saving.
Annual power saving
[6 Power saving amount]
Operation time during power
It is defined as a monetary value of annual energy
Annual power cost
[8 Annual power saving amount] × Pr.896 setting
For monitoring via communication (RS-485 communication, or other communication using a communication option), the increments are 1 in no
units. For example, a value "10.00 kWh" is converted into "10" for communication data.
On the LCD operation panel or the parameter unit, a readout is displayed in units of kilowatt-hours (kW).
The increment differs according to the inverter capacity. (Increment left of a slash for FR-A820-03160(55K) or lower, FR-A840-01800(55K) or
lower. Increment right of a slash for FR-A820-03800(75K) or higher, FR-A840-02160(75K) or higher.)
• The operation panel and the parameter unit have a 5-digit display. This means, for example, that a monitored value up to
999.99 is displayed in 0.01 increments and a monitor value of 1000 or more is displayed in 0.1 increments as "1000.0". The
maximum monitored value displayed is "99999".
• The maximum monitored value via communication (RS-485 communication or other communication with communication
option installed) is 65535 when Pr.898 Power saving cumulative monitor clear = "9999". The maximum monitored value on
monitoring in 0.01 increments is "655.35", and that on monitoring in 0.1 increments is "6553.5".
Power saving real-time monitoring ([1 Power saving], [2 Power saving
• During [1 Power saving] monitoring, an energy saving effect (power difference) of using the inverter as compared to the
commercial power supply operation is calculated and displayed on the main monitor.
• In the following cases, the monitored value of [1 Power saving] is "0".
The result of calculating the saved power is negative value.
DC injection brake works.
The motor is not connected with the inverter (monitored value of output current is 0 A).
• On [2 Power saving rate] monitoring, the rate of the saved power considering the consumed power (estimate) during the
power supply operation as 100% is displayed when Pr.895 Power saving rate reference value is set to "0". When Pr.895
is set to "1", the rate of the saved power with respect to the setting of Pr.893 Energy saving monitor reference (motor
capacity) that is referenced as 100% is displayed.
Average power saving monitoring ([3 Average power saving], [4 Average
power saving rate], [5 Average power cost savings])
• The average power saving monitors are displayed by setting a value other than 9999 in Pr.897 Power saving monitor
• On [3 Average power saving] monitoring, the average hourly energy saving every preset time period is displayed.
Description and formula
× 24 × 365 ×
5.11 (M) Item and output signal for monitoring
0 to 500
0 to 500