• Performing the IPM parameter initialization makes the IPM motor MM-CF ready for the PM sensorless vector control.
• The PM sensorless vector control requires the following conditions.
• The motor described in the following table is used.
Mitsubishi Electric IPM motor (MM-CF)
IPM motor (other than MM-CF), SPM motor
• For the motor capacity, the rated motor current should be equal to or less than the rated inverter current. (It must be 0.4 kW
If a motor with substantially low rated current compared with the inverter rated current, however, is used, speed and torque
accuracies may deteriorate due to torque ripples, etc. Set the rated motor current to about 40% or higher of the inverter rated
• Single-motor operation (one motor to one inverter) is performed.
• The wiring length from the inverter to the motor is 100 m or less. (Refer to
to the IPM motor MM-CF exceeds 30 m, perform offline auto tuning.)
• A surge voltage suppression filter (FR-ASF/FR-BMF) or sine wave filter (MT-BSL/BSC) is not used.
Vector control and Real sensorless vector control
Vector control is one of the control techniques for driving an induction motor. To help explain Vector control, the fundamental
equivalent circuit of an induction motor is shown below.
In the above diagram, currents flowing in the induction motor can be classified into a current id (excitation current) for making
a magnetic flux in the motor and a current iq (torque current) for causing the motor to develop torque.
5.2 Control method
PM sensorless vector control image
Magnetic field observer
*1 A magnetic field observer is a control
method that calculates the motor
speed/magnetic pole position based
on the motor voltage and current of a
virtual motor which is set up in the
The offline auto tuning is not required.
The offline auto tuning is required.
66.) (When the wiring length from the inverter
r1: Primary resistance
r2: Secondary resistance
1: Primary leakage inductance
2: Secondary leakage inductance
M: Mutual inductance
id: Excitation current
iq: Torque current
im: Motor current