Continuous multi-point orientation (V/F control, Advanced magnetic flux
• Orientation during orientation operation or start signal is ON
Main spindle speed (encoder)
Orientation complete signal
• The position data is read at the rising edge of DY. (For the details, refer to the Instruction Manual of FR-A8AX).
• When the position signal is within the creep switchover position, the speed starts up to the creep speed not to the
• When the position signal is outside the creep switchover position, the speed starts up to the orientation speed.
• The DC injection brake operates if the position signal is within the DC injection brake start position.
• 16-bit data with the FR-A8AX is valid only when the DY signal is ON.
• Couple the encoder with the motor shaft or with the shaft that stops the main shaft at the specified position. Couple it with the
speed ratio of 1:1 and without any mechanical looseness.
• The DC injection brake operates at orientation stop. Release the DC injection brake as soon as possible (within several
seconds), as continuous operation of the DC injection brake will cause the motor to overheat, leading to burnout.
• Because the servo lock function is not available after orientation stop, provide a holding mechanism, such as a mechanical
brake or knock pin, when secure holding of the main shaft is required.
• To ensure correct positioning, the encoder must be set in the proper rotation direction, and the A and B phases must be
• If the pulse signal from the encoder stops due to encoder signal loss, etc. during orientation, the Orientation fault (ORM) signal
may be output.
• When performing orientation control, enable the DC injection brake (refer to
disabled, orientation operation cannot be completed.
• When orientation control is performed, the DC injection brake operates regardless of the External DC injection brake operation
start (X13) signal even when Pr.11 DC injection brake operation time = "8888" (DC injection brake external selection).
• To terminate orientation, the start signal (STF or STR) must be first switched OFF, and then the Orientation command (X22)
signal must be switched OFF.As soon as this X22 signal is switched OFF, orientation control ends. (Depending on the (Pr.358
Servo torque selection setting, the orientation status continues if the X22 signal remains ON even if the DC injection brake
is released by turning OFF the start signal. Because of this, the orientation status on the monitor does not show "0".
• When the retry function of Pr.358 Servo torque selection is selected, the retry operation is performed three times including
the first orientation.
• When performing orientation control, properly set Pr.350 Stop position command selection and Pr.360 16-bit data
selection (external position command selection). If the values set are incorrect, proper orientation control will not be
• When orientation control is performed, PID control is disabled.
5.14 (A) Application parameters
Orientation speed (orientation switchover speed)
Creep speed (orientation deceleration ratio)
50ms or more is necessary
Position command latch
Position command latch
681). When the DC injection brake is